Saturday, November 19, 2016

Why God Why?

by Kay Heitsch
When bad things happen in our lives we are tempted to ask, "Why God Why?" We want to know why something bad happened to us. We know bad things happen to other people, but somehow we feel nothing bad should happen to us.
Today when I saw this quote, "God's promise isn't that He'll keep bad things from happening; it's that He'll be there if they do." I thought this quote was good enough to post. 
There is trouble in this world. Sometimes we cause our own problems. Sometimes the things that happen aren't our fault. I don't know why our son Todd died in a car accident. I know others who have had several car accidents and didn't die.
I love Ephesians 3:18, "And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep His love."
I don't know why bad things happen to good people. But I do know that when bad things happen in my life I understand that God's love is right there with me through thick and thin.

No comments:

Post a Comment