Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Give And Take

by Kay Heitsch
Today's quote jumped right out at me. "Life is full of give and take. Give thanks and take nothing for granted."
Wow, how much do we take for granted? Our health, our freedoms, people in our lives, our everyday life conveniences. I find I am very thankful for things when they're gone and I get them back. We don't realize how much we take for granted until they're gone.
I can recall several times when the power went out in the house. I'd taken flipping on the light switch for granted. I found myself trying to flip the switch on when I walked in the room, but now to no avail. I was certainly giving thanks when the power came back on. I'd taken 'flipping the switch' for granted.
In this month of thanksgiving I pray I am more aware to give thanks and take nothing for granted. I hope you will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment