Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Our Thoughts

by Kay Heitsch
Our thoughts have a powerful impact on our lives. We can think ourselves into a real fit if we think about something or someone who irritates us long enough.
However, we can choose to take control over our thoughts. How? By choosing to "cast down" wrong thoughts (see 2 Corinthians 10:5) Then we can replace them. "Think on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise." (see Philippians 4:8)
For years I never picked up a Bible. I thought it was full of gloom and doom. I didn't realize until I studied it that it is full of great advice on how to live a peaceful, happy, victorious life right here on earth.
I learned that the happiness of my life depended on the quality of my thoughts. I could make a choice to "cast down" wrong thoughts and choose to think on" whatever was excellent and worthy of praise" instead. I had a choice! It was up to me to choose!
Today's quote by Dr. Norman Vincent Peale "Change your thoughts and you change your world." speaks well of these two Bible verses. Our world will change when we change our thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment