Thursday, November 24, 2016

Family Tradition

by Kay Heitsch
I heard a message this morning about Abraham leaving his country and heading off for a land he did not know. When I heard this I thought about my 10th Great Grandfather William Brewster. He did the same thing.
William Brewster, along with several others came to this country on the Mayflower. Like Abraham they did not know what was ahead of them.
What they did could be considered, 'A short term price for a long time benefit!' It was quite a price to pay, but look at the long time benefit the price they paid has been.
Bill made me smile when he said he knew why Thanksgiving has always been your favorite holiday. He said it's because it's a 'family tradition' which started with your Great Grandpa Brewster.

The "Family Tradition" continues all over this great country of ours in many homes. I'm thankful for Great Grandpa Brewster and others for paying the price for our long time benefit.
Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment