Monday, October 3, 2016

It's Time For A Change

by Kay Heitsch
I used to be a big worrier. Quite honestly, I didn't know there was anything wrong with it. It was just the way I lived my life.
There came a time when it was clear to me that worrying was a waste of time. It was time for a change.
As I read the Bible I started to highlight all the verses I saw on not to worry. Boy, I was shocked to see so many. Later I heard there are actually 365 verses telling us not to worry. Hum, I wondered why? Maybe it's because we need to be reminded every day.
Today I heard that a day of worrying takes as much energy as a weeks worth of work. Wow! It's obvious that worry takes a lot out of a person...that's for sure.
Today's quote, "Worry does not empty tomorrow of it's troubles. It empties today of it's strength." by Corrie Ten Boom is a great reminder of what worry can do. It empties today of it's strength.
I don't know about you, but I need all the strength I can get. I'm going to keep this Bible verse in my mind today. "Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done." Philippians 4:6 NLT
"It's Time For A Change" is something we can tell ourselves if we get in a pattern of behavior that's not working. As Philippians 4:6 say, Don't worry about anything , pray about everything, tell God what you need, and thank Him for what he's done. Now that's a change that will give us the strength we need to live each day worry free.

No comments:

Post a Comment