Sunday, October 2, 2016

Control Yourself

by Kay Heitsch
I don't know about you but I don't like to be controlled.
Years ago I drank and smoked. There came a time when I could plainly see that I was no longer in control of these bad habits. They were now trying to control me. I didn't like it one little bit!
I had to make a choice. Either allow them to control me or I had to take control. I won't say it was easy, but I stopped both.
I learned I couldn't keep thinking, "This is too hard! I will never be able to do this!" These kind of thoughts sabotage the good results I wanted. I was determined enough to think, "I will not allow these bad habits to control me."
Today's quote, "If we don't learn to control our thoughts, we will never learn to control our behavior." is so true!
If you are like me and you don't like some bad habit to control your life, control yourself. It may not be easy, but it's possible. "Everything is possible with God." (see Mark 10:27)
Today's Bible verse also tells us it's possible. "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and SELF CONTROL." Galatians 5:23
Control yourself with God's help!

No comments:

Post a Comment