Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Don't Eat That Elmer

by Kay Heitsch
"Don't eat that Elmer. It's not candy!" is something my Grandpa Hays would say when he knew something wasn't true.
That phase has come to my mind many times lately when I listen to the news. It's frustrating to see how the news is slanted and manipulated to try to get us to think in a certain way.
Most American people do not like to be controlled, manipulated, or lied to. It insults our intelligence to think we are so gullible that we're going to take what the news spews out as true all the time.
Maybe our name isn't Elmer, but I think most of us know what's not candy. We're intelligent, thinking people, who do not like to be lied to, manipulated, or controlled.
Today's quote, "It's not the lie so much that bothers me. It's the insult to my intelligence that I find offensive." This quote is so true.. Don't insult our intelligence to think we are going to believe everything we read or hear.
Okay, that's my political statement for the year. When we can see something isn't candy we don't need to eat it!

No comments:

Post a Comment