Thursday, October 20, 2016

How Do You Feel?

by Kay Heitsch
How do you feel when you're in a situation that isn't working out as you would like? Do you feel patient? Probably not all the time.
I heard a message today and this line got my attention. "You don't have to feel patient to be patient." When we start to feel tense and upset we can use self control and not give into the feelings.
Years ago I started to pray for patience. As I prayed we started to have one situation after another where we had to exercise patience.
One day in Sunday School my husband said, "If anyone is praying for patience for Kay, please stop!" Everyone laughed! Why? Because these people knew that when you pray for patience you'll get plenty of opportunities to exercise self control before you get patient.
Today's quote is right on. "Patience is not the ability to wait but how you act while you're waiting."
We don't have to feel patient to be patient. We can exercise self control and act right even if we don't feel like it. Praying, "Lord help me!" is a good prayer when you need to exercise patience. I know this personally! I've used that prayer many times.

No comments:

Post a Comment