Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Seeing Beauty In Everyday Things

by Kay Heitsch
It's amazing what we can see if we slow down long enough and take notice.
I've noticed how quickly the colors of a beautiful sunset change. This is true with a rainbow also. There are so many beautiful things we miss that are there, but we miss them.
Years ago right before Todd died he seemed to have eyes to see the beauty of things I took for granted. One day he said, "Mom, have you ever noticed how different and beautiful the bark is on trees?" Well, no I hadn't. Quite honestly, I never even looked at the bark on a tree.
Today's quote "It's up to us to see the beauty in everyday things. Everything has beauty...but not everyone can see it." reminded me to look for beauty in everyday things.

No comments:

Post a Comment