Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Make It A Great Day!

by Kay Heitsch
Years ago I put this message on our answering machine. "Do yourself a favor. Make it a great day!"
You know you actually are doing yourself a favor by choosing to make it a great day.
I remember when I found the Bible text, "This is the day the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24 I typed this verse out on our old Smith Corona typewriter with these words "I CHOOSE TO BE HAPPY TODAY!" I taped it to the refrigerator.
At the time I wasn't feeling any too happy. Our 16 year old son, Todd, had recently been killed in a car accident. But I knew by this Bible verse that I could choose to rejoice and be glad in each day.
Today's quote, "Life is full of choices. Choose to make it a great day!" is going to be a favorite of mine. It sure goes right along with the verse that gave me hope to be happy so many years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment