Thursday, September 29, 2016

Father Knows Best

by Kay Heitsch
It was back in the 50's and 60's that the TV program "Father Knows Best" was on. I really liked that show.
Today's quote "The God who know you best. Knows the best for you." brought that old TV show to mind.
It is true that God is our Father and He knows what's best for each of us. When we do things His way it will be the best for us.
What if we don't do things His way? Does God love us less? I don't believe He does. Why? Because God IS love. He is who He is...LOVE. "...for God is love." 1 John 4:8
We are no surprise to God. God knows everything about us...and He still loves us anyway. (See Psalm 139)
When I finally came to the end of trying to be happy on my own I decided to do things God's way. Somehow I knew I was no surprise to God. Part of what I remember saying was, "Lord, you know what you're getting when you get me. I'm no surprise to you. Have at it!"
I'm thankful that the Lord did know me personally. After all "God knit me together in my mother's womb" Psalm 139:13. It is only God who knows us deep down. People may know us on a certain level, but God knows everything.

Believe it or not...Father Knows Best! He does know what's best for each of us. Plus, God knows everything about us...and He still loves us anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment