Friday, September 30, 2016

Do You Talk To Yourself?

by Kay Heitsch
I don't know about you, but I do talk to myself. I believe we all do. I heard a joke, "I talk to myself because sometimes I need expert advice." We all laugh, but if we talk to ourselves in the right way we are putting 'expert advice' into our minds.
It's important what we say to ourselves. I liked today's quote because it gives us some things we can say to ourselves. We can say, "This is going to be a great day. I'm excited about my future. Something good is going to happen to me and through me."
I remember a few years ago I came on this Bible verse. "What would have become of me had I not believed that I would see the Lord's goodness in the land of the living." Psalm 27:13 AMP
This verse really spoke to me. Where would I be today if I had not believed I would see the Lord's goodness right here on earth?
My life has radically changed believing God has a good plan for my future (see Jeremiah 29:11). Saying, "This is going to be a great day!" (See Psalms 118:24) Then adding, "Something good is going to happen to me and through me." (see Galatians 6:10)
When we talk to ourselves we need to be sure we're saying things that help us grow in a positive way. The Bible say, Love your neighbor as yourself. Mark 12:31.
Do you need expert advice? Try talking to yourself in a way that will help you grow. Saying, "This is going to be a great day. I'm excited about my future. Something good is going to happen to me and through me!" Saying these things along with some Bible verses are a great way to start the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment