Wednesday, September 28, 2016

You've Changed

by Kay Heitsch
Many years ago someone remarked, "You've changed. What do you know now that you didn't know before?"
At the time I had a hard time explaining the change. I do remember I answered, " One thing I know: I was blind, now I see." I didn't know at the time this actually was a Bible verse (see John 9:25.)
I had changed; and I mean a lot! I met a man who was a Bible teacher. He would say to me, "I understand...I used to see things that way too." I learned from him that sometimes we may see things a certain way for a time. But then our eyes are opened and we see things differently.
I had many wrong ways of thinking. I started to study the Bible asking the Lord to teach me. As I did my eyes were opened to a totally new way of life. I was surprised how blind I had been.
Slowly but surely my life began to change as I changed my mind. Changing my mind wasn't easy. I had to read some Bible passages many times to have it sink in. It seemed too good to be true! But I knew it was true as I began to see.
I have changed little by little. However, I have a long way to go. I'm still not where I want to be, but I'm thankful I was willing to change. At least I'm not where I was. I'm still willing to keep on changing with the help of the Lord. ("Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes." Ephesians 4:23 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment