Saturday, August 6, 2016

The Race Is On

by Kay Heitsch
Since the Olympics are starting I have competing and racing on my mind. I've been in a few races in my life. I must say that I didn't finished first in all of them..one time I did. However, most times I was very happy to just finished the race.
We all have different abilities and talents. Not everyone can be #1, but I think it's as important to not quit and finish what we start. I tried to instill that in my children as my mom instilled that in me.
It's easy to give up and not finish something, but like one of my favorite poems says, "Don't Quit!" I've seen some people really struggle to cross the finish line. But what elation when they did! The crowd CHEERED to see the effort they put in.
The Bible says we are surrounded by onlookers , "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down,...And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us." Hebrews 12:1
"The race is on." I want to finish my course with JOY!
Like
Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment