Friday, August 5, 2016

Blessings In Disguise

by Kay Heitsch
It's hard to see the hardships and problems we go through as 'blessings in disguise.' But many times they are.
How many times have I heard a story of someone stopped in traffic or held up for a time, only to find that there was a bad storm up ahead they were spared from. This happened to my husband, Bill.
I've known people who have fallen for some reason. As they had some X-rays taken because of the fall, they found out something more serious was going on unknown to them. Now they were able to catch it in time.
I was held up by a slow moving train one time. I wrote a story about it called, "Perfect Timing" that was published. I was frustrated at the time sitting for what I thought was no blessing. However, it turned into a 'blessing in disguise' for not only myself, but for someone else as well.
I'm certain that there are many situations we go through that are actually "Blessings In Disguise." I'm going to keep this in mind today as I go about my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment