Friday, July 29, 2016

Peace In The Storm

by Kay Heitsch
I've been through a few storms in my life. Some are weather related, but most are not.
I've learned a lot by going through each storm. One of the biggest lessons has been to keep in mind that "This too shall pass." Storms don't last forever, even though at the time, it seems like they are.
Keeping calm isn't always easy. What I've learned from this is that it's easier to keep calm than to calm myself down after I've gotten upset.
"Rise above the storm and you will find the sunshine." has been a quote by Dr Peale that I've said over and over through the years. When Dr Peale spoke this he'd reiterate , "Rise above it! Rise above it!" Those words have stuck in my mind.
How I 'rise above it' is to keep in mind that God is in control. I know He has a good plan for my life and a few storms are not going to stop that! As I keep my mind on this I have 'peace in the storm.'

No comments:

Post a Comment