Sunday, July 31, 2016

Flush Out Infections

by Kay Heitsch
Today I heard a message that certainly rang true to living a peace filled life. If we want to be peaceful, loving, and filled with joy we can not be filled with bitterness, hatred, unforgiveness, and holding a grudge. These negative emotions are 'infections' that will sour your life.
I hadn't thought of these negative emotions as infections. But it's true. Go ahead and think about what someone has done to you in a negative way. Are you feeling happy, joyful, or at peace? No you're not! And neither am I!

If we want to be filled with love, joy, and peace we need to flush out the negative thoughts and emotions that come to us. I like the analogy of bait hanging on a trap for animals. Don't take the bait! The bait is there, but we don't need to take it!
When we drop it, leave it, let it go we are flushing out the offense. We aren't taking the bait.
I want to live a positive, loving, joy filled life. After thinking about how negative thoughts are 'infections' I know what I can do to be rid of those. Drop it! Leave it! Let it go! I can flush these out by forgiving, thinking of something positive, and not taking the bait!

No comments:

Post a Comment