Monday, May 16, 2016

Words Have Power

by Kay Heitsch
"Speak when you are angry and you'll make the best speech you will ever regret." Leaving unsaid the wrong words in the tempting moment can be very difficult. But it's well worth the effort.
I'm a talker. Over the years I've said many things I wished I hadn't. I'm sure that's true of most talkers. It's easy for us to talk before we think.
I need to be reminded often that "Words Have Power." Not only can they hurt another person, but they can also be helpful.
Usually our thoughts precede our words. So it's important to think about what you're thinking.
For years I attended a church where the pastor said, "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O LORD, my rock and my redeemer."
At the time I didn't pay much attention to this Bible verse, but I see now how important that text is for our everyday life... because "Words Have Power."

No comments:

Post a Comment