Wednesday, May 4, 2016

There Is A Time

by Kay Heitsch
Have you ever been involved with some thing or someone thinking you would be involved forever? I have several times. It's taken me years to understand that some things and some people were to be in my life only for a certain time.
If I believe I'm suppose to do something I'm bound and determined to do it. If it's the right time I'm usually happy doing it! It's been difficult for me to learn that while something may have been a wonderful thing for me to do at the time I did it, at another time, it is not for me at all. There's a quote, "When you discover you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount. How true that is.
I like to help people who I believe need help. Not all people who say they need help, really do. Some people are manipulators and controllers. They not only do not need my help, but they need to help themselves. I've found that not helping was really the more beneficial thing for them. This type of person does not like it when you tell them, "No." But I've learned for my own mental health it's best to keep my distance. At some time helping them was a wonderful thing for me to do. But at another it was not.
I've had people come and go in my life. They were there for a time, then for some reason or another, they were not. I've had to learn that not all people are meant to be in my life for a lifetime.
There is a time for everything according to Ecclesiastes 3. It's taken me a long time to learn this. However, since I have my life is a lot less stressful.

No comments:

Post a Comment