Monday, May 9, 2016

The Price of Love

by Kay Heitsch
Mother's Day can be a difficult time for mom's who have had a child die. You may have other children that you love dearly, but there's a piece of your heart that's still been torn out. Not everyone can understand.
People like to tell you that time heals. Well, that's not true. Time does not heal a mother's broken heart. What time does is help you learn to live with the pain.
I programmed into my mind years ago, "You can be bitter or better, but you can't be both." I wanted so much to be better and I wanted people to think of Todd and myself in a positive way.
Today's quote, "The sky isn't always blue. The sun doesn't always shine. So it's okay to fall apart sometimes, but always remember to get back up again." hit home for me today.
I've felt the words of 2 Corinthians 4, "press by trouble, but not crushed, knocked down but not destroyed" It's the 'price of love' to sometimes feel this way. I tell myself, "That's okay, but remember to get up, dust yourself off, and make it a great day. That is also the PRICE OF LOVE."

No comments:

Post a Comment