Tuesday, May 10, 2016

I'm Still Waiting

 by Kay Heitsch
I thought you would walk back in the same door you walked out of. I'm still waiting. In reality, I knew that wasn't going to happen, but I still waited.
If you've ever had a loved one die you may have experienced this same feeling.
I never went to any grief groups, but I can't imagine I'm the only person who has had this experience.
It's not easy to let go and admit to yourself that your loved one isn't coming back. Wrapping your mind around the thought is hard. Especially when you want to wrap your arms around the person one more time.
If you need to move from the house where the person once lived, it's difficult. After all, you are still waiting for the day to come when the person walks back through the door. But you move on because deep in your heart you know they aren't walking back through that door.
I'm still waiting, believe it or not. I know one day a door in heaven will open and there you will be smiling once again. I can wrap my mind around that thought. I can also see my arms wrapped around you too.
I'm still waiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment