Saturday, May 14, 2016

Faithful Love Remains

by Kay Heitsch
What an eye opener it was when I began to see that many things in the Bible can have different meanings at different times. When I read, "For the word of God is alive and active..." Hebrews 4:12 I didn't understand at first.
Today's Bible verse, "For the mountains may move and the hills disappear, but even then my faithful love for you shall remain." Isaiah 54:10 brought this to my mind.
Years ago when I read this verse I would have thought of real mountains and hills, which would be true. God's love is faithful even if we have lived through an earthquake.
But it's much more than that for me. Now I read this and think about God's faithful love when I've had a mountain or even a hill of trouble. For me a mountain is the death of a loved one, a loss of a job, dealing with a major illness, etc etc. A hill is the daily aggravations of everyday life.
No matter if it's a mountain or a hill we can know that God's faithful love will remain.

No comments:

Post a Comment