Thursday, May 19, 2016

Attitude

by Kay Heitsch
This may come as a surprise to some of you. But I was asked to leave one high school because I had a "bad attitude."
I look back on my life and I think of how far I've come after giving my life to the Lord.
I had never read or heard anyone talk about attitude until I started to read Dr. Peale's books years ago. Too bad I didn't get a hold of any of them in high school.
If someone ticked me off it was because of them that I had a bad attitude. If they had treated me right I wouldn't have this attitude, was my thinking. My attitude and happiness was the result of how others acted. How ridiculous!
I had to learn I was in control of my own thinking and attitude. It wasn't someone else's job to keep my happy.
As many of you know I was given a national award for "Positive Thinking" by Dr. Peale and his organization. I smile when I see the Lord's sense of humor. He took a girl who was kicked out of school for a "bad attitude" and changed her, by His grace, that she was given an award for "positive thinking."
As today's quote by Zig Ziglar says, Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment