Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Thrive Not Just Survive

by Kay Heitsch
When I made up my mind to be a Christian I also decided to go at it with all my heart. I'd read about Christians who had actually given their all to 'living the life' and I wanted what they had. I wanted this overcoming/abundant life that Jesus died to give me. (see John 10:10)
Many times we may want what someone else has, but we are not willing to do what they have done to get it.
I learned I wasn't going to achieve this life by sitting in a pew once a week. If I wanted to 'thrive' like these people did I had to make a commitment to fill my mind with things that would encourage me to grow.
I loved the quote today from, Make Up Your Mind quotes, "Make up your mind that no matter what comes your way, no matter how difficult, no matter how unfair, you will do more than simply survive, you will thrive!"
I had to make up my mind to 'thrive' and not just 'survive' many times over the years. I had to put into practice what I learned from studying the Bible and also reading good books.
I want to thrive and not just survive in life. I may not be where I need to be, but thank God I've made up my mind to thrive and not just survive with God's help.

No comments:

Post a Comment