Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Shaken Faith

By Kay Heitsch

I wondered what kind of response I would receive when the local newspaper in Dover, Ohio, asked to reprint the letter "In Loving Memory of Todd." I had written to Dr. Norman V. Peale after Todd's death.
A few days after the reprinting of "In Loving Memory of Todd," an anonymous letter came from a person who had been a high-school classmate of Todd's.
When this classmate heard that Todd had been in a car accident, they prayed that "the Lord would do what was right for His kingdom." Of course, they felt the right thing would be for Todd to live.
Later, when they learned that Todd had died, they were devastated. They did not understand why God had allowed Todd to die.
Because of this, their faith in God was shaken.
Then, in the newspaper, they read the headline, "Dover Mother Finds Triumph Through Tragedy." As they read my letter, Todd's young friend realized that the Lord had answered their prayer.
This friend's letter made me do a great deal of thinking. How often have I allowed my faith to be shaken when I did not see immediate answers to my prayers?
I have learned to trust God more. I now know that God will work something good out of everything we go through.

No comments:

Post a Comment