Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Now I Can See

by Kay Heitsch

We do not see things as they are; we see things as we are. ~ Now I Can See Quotes ~
A few weeks ago, I went to the eye doctor. I was shocked to find out that my cataracts had gotten so bad I couldn't read the letters on the chart. This past Monday, I had cataract surgery on my left eye. It's been amazing how much better I can see today. Everything was so bright that I actually had to wear sunglasses.
This quote is accurate. I saw things not as they were; I saw them as I was. I was looking through cataracts. Once this cataract was removed, I began to see things as they actually are. Next month I have the other cataract removed. Oh, happy day!
This is also true in our spiritual life. I could not see life as God wanted me to see it for years. But the day I gave my life over to the LORD, I began to see more clearly.
One day a person asked me, "What do you know now that you didn't before?" All I could say was the following Bible verse. "There is one thing I know: I was blind, but now I see!" John 9:25 BSB
I didn't realize that I wasn't seeing clearly. Cataracts and Spiritual blindness come on gradually. You don't know what you weren't seeing until your eyes are opened.
We do not see things as they are; we see things as we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment