Friday, September 24, 2021

Free Gift

by Kay Heitsch

Grace is a free gift from God, but you must have open hands to receive a gift. ~ Accept God's Free Gift Quotes ~
Isn't it interesting how people have a problem receiving a free gift? When someone gives them a gift right away, they start to think about what they will need to do to repay them.
Our Bible verse says, "God saved you by His grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Ephesians 2:8 NLT
Accepting the free gift of eternal life through our belief in what Jesus did for us is something people struggle with.
Years ago, I taught a lesson in VBS. The theme that year was 'Team Up With Jesus'. I told the kids when we get to heaven, and we've accepted what Jesus did for us, Jesus will step forward and say, "Father, Kay is on my team!" I can sit on the bench, or I can live the abundant life Jesus died to give me. But my eternal life is a free gift. All my good behavior can't add to it.
Grace is a free gift from God, but you must have open hands to receive a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment