Monday, September 28, 2020

Free Gift!

by Kay Heitsch

Good news! God loves you! ~God's Free Gift Quotes ~
I'll never forget the night I found this out! I was in bed holding a Good News Bible I had just purchased. I held the Bible and said a short prayer, "Please God teach me what I need to know." I opened the Bible and started to read.
Today's Bible verse is one I came across that shocked me. It says, "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." Ephesians 2:8-9 ESV
Wow, this was good news! I jumped out of bed and ran and told my husband what I had found. I remember saying, "Eternal life is a free gift! It isn't something we work for!
I knew the Bible verse, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16. Even though I had heard this Bible verse I hadn't read Ephesians 2:8-9. Now I could see they fit together!
Free gift! That's great news!
Good News! God LOVES you!

No comments:

Post a Comment