Tuesday, March 24, 2020

One Day Closer

We are visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, and to love, and then we return Home.
Today we are one day closer to going Home. This world is not our home. We are only passing through.
For many years I imagined Todd walking through the same door he left from. It was hard for me to move from that house. I wanted Todd to come back home to me.
When I turned 70 I had another thought. Todd was waiting for me to come Home. I had never thought like that before.
When I pondered this for a while I imagined Todd's smiling face when I came Home. I was also hoping Todd would be proud of the way I had lived my life after he left. I wanted him to say, "Good job Mom!" But better yet I wanted Jesus to say, "Well done, good and faithful servant!" Matthew 25:23
We are one day closer to going Home. We are visitors here on earth. We are just passing through.

No comments:

Post a Comment