Monday, February 3, 2020

Your Time

One of the greatest gifts you can give is your time. ~ Volunteer Quotes ~
I've spent a lot of my life volunteering. I thought I must have 1.800. call Kay on my forehead. I got a kick out of people calling and saying, "Someone gave me your name." I oftentimes wondered who "someone" was.
Being a volunteer has so many benefits. You work for a cause, not applause. My elderly (age 99) friend, Arlene, talked a lot about volunteering. She often told me, "If you want to get things done you need to find people who are volunteers."
Our Bible verse says, "So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver." 2 Corinthians 9:7 NKJV
We do not need to give our time to everything people want us to do. We are to give as we purpose in our hearts. Volunteering is not something we have to do. It's something we want to do with a cheerful heart.
One of the greatest gifts you can give is your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment