Monday, December 2, 2019

Be Kind Anyway

For many years I was treated in a very unkind way. I was not only talked about behind my back but I was spoken to in an unkind manner to my face. I'm sure a lot of people can relate to this.
There came a time when I had the opportunity to help this person out. For some reason, much to my surprise, I chose to be kind and help. My action to show love and help not only surprised me, but it surprised others as well.
I'm sharing this because I can't tell you how much my action set me free. I now had the power to treat this person the same way I had been treated or I could be kind and put love into action. The choice was mine.
The Bible says in Matthew 5 to "Love your enemies and bless them that curse you. Let them bring out the best in you, not the worst."
I never really understood this verse until I put it into practice. Being kind and showing love did as much for me as it did for the other person.
This Christmas season is a good time to not only show love to those who love us but to be kind to those who have done us wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment