Sunday, September 15, 2019

Ladies Beware!

We made several stops on our road trip at different rest areas. Most were clean and I felt comfortable, except for one. I want to share this experience.
We pulled into this small rest area. Bill wanted to look on his app for a room since we planned on stopping in the next hour. I never missed an opportunity to go to the bathroom so I got out of the car.
As I was walking up to the bathroom I noticed a man standing next to a pickup truck. For some odd reason, I started to feel very uncomfortable. You have to know me. I seldom feel uncomfortable around men. In fact, I used to hitchhike alone so I do not scare easily.
When I came out this man started to walk slowly towards me. As he walked he said, "Hi." I responded saying, "Hi" but kept walking quickly to the car.
When I got in the car Bill said, "You know that man was waiting for you to come out of the bathroom." Bill went on to say, "As I was booking the room he kept nervously looking over at me and also keeping an eye on the bathroom door." We both knew he was up to no good! As soon as I got into the car this guy jumped into the passenger's side and they took off.
I did not have my purse or any jewelry on so I knew he wasn't interested in stealing anything. I have no doubt if I had been alone or Bill had gone into the bathroom I would not be here typing this warning.
Ladies, these creeps are out there and they do not care if you are young. Pretty obvious I am not.
Please share this warning!

No comments:

Post a Comment