Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Funny Jordan River Story

I was more than a little apprehensive about getting baptized in the Jordan River. First of all, putting my face in the water is something I do not like to do. Second, the Jordan River is not clean.
However, I made up my mind I was going to do this. Just like the LORD, He brought about some humor into the situation to take the edge off.
There was this cute little southern gal on the tour. She was Miss Prim and Proper and came down to get baptized with a shower cap on from the hotel. Somehow she thought this was going to keep her hair dry. Just seeing her with this shower cap on made me start to giggle.
We all watched as she went down into the water wondering how this was going to work. Well, it didn't work and the shower cap flew off and down the Jordan River her shower cap went!
When it was my turn to be baptized I felt less apprehensive and I knew the LORD had helped me lighten up and He was smiling too.

No comments:

Post a Comment