Thursday, December 27, 2018

Oh Just Another Birthday

How many times have we thought, "Oh it's just another birthday?" We don't think much of it until we find out that this was the final birthday.
The last few weeks I have had 4 friends die. Three out of the four were close to my age. Little did I know, nor did anyone else, that their birthday was to be the last one here on this earth.
There's a Bible verse in Ecclesiastes that says, Sorrow may sadden your face, but it sharpens your understanding. How true this is! Sorrow sure does sharpen our understanding. We learn very quickly how fleeting life can be.
Today is my husband, Bill's birthday. I don't think this is his last birthday, but because of my friend's passing on, it has sharpened my understanding. Don't take any day, especially birthdays, for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment