Sunday, November 4, 2018

Do The Thing You Fear

Do the thing you fear and the death of fear is certain. ~ Quotes That Make You Think ~
Years ago our son Todd had to take allergy shots. The only problem was he would need to take the shot before he ran cross country when the office was open. The nurse suggested I take the medicine home and give Todd the shot myself before he went to bed.
I'm sure there are people out there who could do this without a problem. However, I was not one of them. When the time came for me to give Todd a shot I started to panic. My heart was racing and I began to sweat. Someone told me Todd could go into a reaction from the shots. What would I do if that happened? I was filled with fear!
Even though I was afraid I made up my mind to just do it! As I did the fear slowly began to leave.
Our lives are not supposed to be lived in fear. Our Bible verse tells us "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you." Isaiah 41:10
We may all feel fear at times. But I believe "Fear not" means not to run. Don't bow down but stand up to fear! Do the thing you fear and the death of fear is certain.

No comments:

Post a Comment