Sunday, July 22, 2018

What Are You Expecting?

There's a quote that says, "Expect the best and get it!" I don't know if you can just expect the best and get it, but it's sure better to expect something good instead of always expecting something bad.
I find human behavior fascinating. Watching how some people are blown over by even little storms in life while other people can go through horrific situations and rise above the storm has always amazed me.
I've been through some life situations that weren't so good. It wasn't easy to rise above them, but it sure wouldn't have been to my benefit or to others if I lived in fear waiting for the next disaster to strike.
There are Bible verses that have helped me stay on the positive path. One I say when a fear thought comes to my mind. "For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control." 2 Timothy 1:7. Another one I use is, "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly." John 10:10
There are many Bible verses that can help us live the abundant life that Jesus died to give us. It's the thief who wants us to expect something bad to happen and puts fear in our minds. But God did not give us the spirit of fear but of power, love, and self-control.
What are you expecting? Let's expect to live the abundant life that Jesus died to give us.

No comments:

Post a Comment