Thursday, May 17, 2018

You Were Right Mom

Today is the anniversary of my mom's unexpected death.
I was a young mom (22) and home with Todd when the phone rang. The doctor who had done a simple surgery called, "Hello, is this Kay? I have some sad news. Your mom didn't make it." "What! What do you mean?" was my reply. "Your mom made it through the surgery, but we couldn't bring her to in the recovery room."  I let out a blood-curdling scream! My neighbor ran over when she heard me scream. This was crazy, I couldn't believe it!
As I think back today I remember my mom liked to tell me I was going to be a missionary. "Oh really!!! Not likely!!!" was always my reply. I had plans and being a missionary was not part of it!
It was many years after her death that Todd died. As most people know I wrote a personal letter to Dr. Norman V. Peale that was published and went around the world. A friend reminded me of what my mom had said.
You were right Mom! I guess having a personal testimony of God's amazing grace that went around the world is being a missionary.

No comments:

Post a Comment