Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Change Me

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I can not change and the courage and wisdom to ask You to change ME.
It sure does take wisdom and courage to recognize it's not other people who may need to change, but it's us. It's not the truth about someone else that will set us free, but the truth about ourselves.
There are some things we can do to help ourselves, that's true. But deep down we need God's help to see what our real issues are. He can set us free from anything that's holding us back.
Today's Bible verse says, "Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me." Psalm 51:10
This Bible verse doesn't say renew a right spirit in someone else. David is asking God to help him. He recognized his problem and asked for help to have a clean heart and a right spirit.
We can't change other people. But we can ask God for His help to change us. This will take courage and wisdom to recognize our own issues. I like to keep in mind, it's not the truth about others, but the truth about myself that will set me free.

No comments:

Post a Comment