Monday, May 15, 2017

People And Their Opinions

Believe it or not I've had a lot of negative things said about and to me over the years. Not everyone has agreed with the way I live my life.
Some of their opinions, I suppose, were justified. But quite honestly even the things I did that weren't so wonderful have made me the person I am today. I don't feel bad because now I can relate to people from all walks of life.
When Todd died I was confronted about the way I was handling his death. It's interesting how people have an opinion about almost anything. We don't all handle things the same.
I was quick to respond to this individual that I wasn't handling Todd's death at all! They were quite puzzled with my response. I shared with them that I had turned Todd and his death over to the Lord to handle. I had found that I couldn't handle it! After all these years I think the Lord has been doing a great job!
I actually had someone tell me that Todd's death wasn't the worst thing that could ever happen to me. Now anyone reading this, I want you to know that this is NOT something to say to a grieving mother. People have their opinions and lots are based on ignorance.
We all have people say negative things to us and about us. But God has a plan! We can't allow people's opinions to stop us from working the plan He has for our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment