Friday, February 17, 2017

Stress Free

"The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another." ~ William James ~
Wouldn't it be awesome to live free from stress?
What a culture shock to know that what's going on around us doesn't have to get inside of us. A storm may be raging, but we can be calm and peaceful inside.
What value do we put on peace? I think sometimes we just want something to complain about instead of really wanting to live in peace.
Our thoughts can seriously determine our stress level. I like this Bible text, "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27 I like how some translations puts this, "Stop allowing yourself to be upset."
We have peace in us. Jesus left us His peace. We can choose to stop allowing ourselves to be upset by choosing one thought over another.

No comments:

Post a Comment