Thursday, January 5, 2017

Free To Choose

by Kay Heitsch 
I'm trying to get back in the swing of things after eating Halloween candy, Thanksgiving dinner, and all the Christmas goodies. I know I need to stop eating all this junk food and get back to exercising more.
Today I looked for quotes on Motivation. I liked, "Discipline...doing what needs to be done even though you don't want to."
I chose this Bible verse to go along with it. "You say, "I am allowed to do anything"--but not everything is good for you. And even though "I am allowed to do anything," I must not become a slave to anything." 1 Corinthians 6:12 NLT
I came on this Bible verse years ago. I LOVE it! I am allowed to do whatever I want---but not everything is good for me! This goes for food, bad attitude, worry, fear, the list is endless. The next part is priceless...I must not become a slave to anything! There ya go!
We are free to choose! But we are not free from the consequences!
I know that we won't like the outcome of being a slave to eating junk food, worrying, anger, etc. Even if we don't want to do something at the moment we are free to choose what is best for us in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment