Saturday, December 17, 2016

Not What I Expected

by Kay Heitsch
I was wondering what I would see when I got up this morning. It was predicted by the weatherman that we might have 9 inches of snow. So when I looked out the window it wasn't what I expected. I saw maybe 3 inches of snow instead.
Today's quote made me smile, "Just because it isn't what you expected doesn't mean it isn't what you want." I was expecting 9 inches of snow, but 3 inches may be more what I wanted.
Life is very much like this. We expect so many things. I've found that even when something is worse than what I expected it can work out for my good in the long run.
The day is not over so maybe later the snow will begin to fall again. Right now 3 inches was not what I expected, but it doesn't mean it isn't what I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment