Friday, November 11, 2016

No Greater Love

by Kay Heitsch
If you're familiar with the Bible I'm sure you've read, "Greater love has no man than this; to lay down one's life for one's friends." John 15:13
Years ago I came on this Bible verse not really knowing who it was talking about. For Christians this verse is talking about Jesus who gave His life for our eternal life.
However, when I saw this verse for the first time, it took on more than Jesus giving His life for us. As I pondered this text I realized our son Todd was trying to save his friend when he lost his life. Todd had laid down his life for his friend.
Today on Veteran's Day this Bible verse reminds me of our Veterans. These men and woman were willing to lay down their lives for our freedoms in the United States.
Thank you to all our Veterans who were willing to lay down their lives for our freedom. No Greater Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment