Saturday, October 22, 2016

Sign Of Peace

by Kay Heitsch
Years ago I was in a difficult situation. I would walk and talk to the Lord about it. As I walked I'd hold out my hands like I was giving my problems to the Lord. However, I had a very hard time actually handing the problems over. It wasn't long before I found myself stressing and thinking about the situation over and over again. I'd taken the problems back. I was not at peace!
According to today's quote, "When we put our problems in God's hands He puts peace in our hearts." The sign that we've actually put our problems in God's hands is peace.
God's peace is different than the world's peace. John 14:27 says "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid."
I've known people who are very peaceful when they have problems. They have learned to let not their hearts be trouble or afraid. They put their problems in God's hands and leave them there. I have a ways to go.
Peace is the sign that we've put our problems in God's hands. We can know if we've really given the Lord our problems if we have peace. I hope and pray to experience more peace as I trust the Lord more by putting my problems in His hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment