Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Different Abilities

by Kay Heitsch
Years ago I highlighted, "God gives ability to everyone for their particular service." 1 Corinthians 12:6 TEV in my Bible. Somehow this text took the pressure off of me. I didn't have to be concerned if I couldn't do something as well as someone else. God gives ability to everyone for their particular service.
We all have different likes and dislikes. We all have different things we enjoy doing.
I used to spend a lot of time in a nursing home visiting. One day a friend said, "I really don't enjoy going to the nursing home. I don't know how you do it." I responded, "Well, this is a service God has given me the ability to do at this time. It may not be for you. You have a great singing voice. God's given you that ability for service."
Today's quote "God give different people different talents. Wherever He has you, He has you there for a purpose." goes right along with this Bible verse I highlighted years ago.
We don't need to compete and compare ourselves with others. God has given each of us the ability we need for our particular service.

No comments:

Post a Comment