Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Not Even Smell Like Smoke

by Kay Heitsch
Wouldn't it be great to be able to endure a difficult situation and keep a good attitude about it?
I love today's quote, "Don't pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." I might add, "With a good attitude." What a wonderful way to live!
Anyone who knows me very well knows I've been through some difficult situations. I will be honest and say I haven't always endure with a good attitude.
I have highlighted with stars around this text, "Not a hair on their heads was singed, and their clothing was not scorched. They didn't even smell of smoke!" Daniel 3:27 This was referring to Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-nego who were thrown in a furnace for their faith. When they came out they didn't even smell like smoke! WOW!
I may never actually be thrown in a blazing furnace like them, but I've felt like some things I've gone through were pretty hot! I want to live in such a way that no matter how hot the furnace gets I can come out of it and "Not Even Smell Like Smoke!"

No comments:

Post a Comment