Thursday, May 26, 2016

Little Things

by Kay Heitsch
When I look back on my life it truly was the little things that were the big things. As today's quote says, "Enjoy the little things in life... Because one day you'll look back and realize they were the big things."
It's funny when we get together with family and friends we recall some 'little thing' that happened years before that made us smile.
My dad always liked to tell me how I didn't like gravy when I was little, until one day I tasted it. Dad would laugh telling how I asked, "Why didn't you tell me gravy was so good?" I heard that story until he died. Now Bill likes to tell the same story about me.
We like to tell the story about Todd putting on his first pair of big boy underwear. He put his little hand in the front and announced, "Well, it's not a pocket!"
When Shannon was about 4 she was standing on a stool in the bathroom putting on make up. Bill saw her and asked what she was doing. In a sweet little voice she answered, "Don't ya know Dad I'm just trying to be a woman!"
Brandon and I were alone one night when he was little. We heard a noise in the house. Brandon yelled, "I have a bat and I was almost on the All Star Team! Now you know that would scare any intruder off!
It's little things we remember in life that end up being big things. So today enjoy the little things this day may bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment