Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Abundant Life

by Kay Heitsch
Today's quote "To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people only exist." rang a bell with me.
Most of my life I was only existing. Oh, if you looked at my life you'd think I was living the "good life" but I knew I was only existing. Something was missing, but I didn't know what.
When I finally came to the end of myself I gave my life to the Lord. I remember thinking, "Have at it! You know what you're getting when you got me."
Over time I came on the Bible verse, "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly." John 10:10 ESV
I wanted this abundant life. I read about other people who actually lived this life and I aimed on living it too.
My life isn't perfect and no one's is. But I can honestly say that I don't 'only exist' like I did for years. I have found the abundant life that Jesus died to give me.

No comments:

Post a Comment