Thursday, March 28, 2024

The Unexpected

By Kay Heitsch

Be brave, take risks, and expect the unexpected. ~ Be Brave Quotes
Bill and I had never been on a cruise when Bill's cousin and his wife asked us to join them. I didn't know what to expect and was somewhat apprehensive. We had a wonderful time!
One day of the cruise, I joined Bill and Ed, trying out the water slides. I'm not a water slide person, but since it was close to my 74th birthday, I decided to be brave and give it a go.
Ed went down first, and then it was my turn. Bill was waiting his turn after me. I got inside the slide and started to fly down. All of a sudden, I came to a complete stop! I was not moving! It was pitch dark, and there I sat! I didn't know what to do.
I heard a guy yelling for me to push or pull, and I didn't know which one I was supposed to do. I tried to push and pull for a good five minutes, and my arms were about worn out!
Much to my amazement, I was not scared or in a panic! I remember wondering how I was going to get out. I thought someone would be sent down to push me out, or else they would pour more water inside the slide. I didn't know.
I started to pray, and suddenly, I began to fly down the slide! I am still trying to figure out what I did to make it happen. Maybe God gave me a push.
Our Bible verse says, "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9
I do believe God was with me even on that water slide. I wasn't afraid or discouraged because I somehow knew God was with me and would help me.
Be brave, take risks, and expect the unexpected.

No comments:

Post a Comment