Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Let's Pray

By Kay Heitsch

Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace; Where there is hatred, let me sow love; Where there is injury, pardon; Where there is error, the truth; Where there is doubt, the faith; Where there is despair, hope; Where there is darkness, light; And where there is sadness, joy. ~St. Francis of Assisi Prayer ~
I had this prayer by St Francis of Assisi on our refrigerator for years. I find it interesting that it says, Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace. It all starts with us asking the Lord to change us.
Today's Bible verse says. We love because He first loved us. 1 John 4:9 NIV
When we accept God's love for ourselves, then we can love others as He has loved us.
Let's pray...
Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace; Where there is hatred, let me sow love; Where there is injury, pardon; Where there is error, the truth; Where there is doubt, the faith; Where there is despair, hope; Where there is darkness, light; And where there is sadness, joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment